Youth Escort Program
ATTENTION: GUESTS UNDER 18 PLEASE READ – THIS INFO APPLIES TO YOU
WHO: Guests under 18
WHAT: Must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 21 years old, or older
WHEN: Fridays and Saturdays from 4PM until close beginning on Friday, September 25th, 2020
Our Youth Escort Program is established to ensure our guests and employees enjoy a safe, pleasant, and family friendly shopping environment.
The following are the program policies and procedures:
- All guests under the age of 18 must always be accompanied by a parent or supervising adult age 21 or older on Fridays and Saturdays after 4:00 PM. We encourage persons under the age of 18 to enjoy the mall with a parent or supervising adult on Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Unsupervised youth, under the age of 18, shopping prior to 4:00 PM on Friday and Saturday evenings must leave the mall by 4:00 PM or be joined with a parent or supervising adult age 21 or older.
- Unaccompanied minors using public transportation, or relying on other forms of provided transportation, must schedule their departure time to ensure compliance with Youth Escort Program.
- Proof of age will be required for the youth and the supervising adults. Those who fail to produce proper identification will be asked to leave the property.
- Proper identification includes a state issued driver’s license or ID card, resident alien card, a passport, or a military ID. The identification must include a photograph, date of birth, and be tamper proof.
- One adult may accompany up to four youth. The supervising adult must remain with the youth at all times.
- Supervising adults are responsible for the actions of the youth they accompany and must ensure they are following Crabtree Valley Mall’s Code of Conduct.
Mall employees under the age of 18 may continue to work in their store during youth escort policy hours. Persons under the age of 18 must adhere to the Youth Escort Policy if their shift ends during policy hours. Employees of the mall must be prepared to show valid ID and proof of employment.
PICK UP | WAITING AREA:
A waiting room will be available for unescorted minors (under 18) that have no transportation off the property. Once there, they will be directed to contact their parent or guardian to arrange their ride. The pick-up/waiting area is located in the Community Meeting Room, on the upper level, in the food court.
Please note: The Youth Escort Policy can be implemented at management’s discretion at any other day and time when it is deemed appropriate or necessary by management, security and/or local authorities. Please contact the management office for additional information.
Crabtree Valley Mall, including parking areas, is private property. Persons violating Crabtree’s Youth Escort Program, or Code of Conduct, will be asked to leave.
Violations of the Youth Escort Program will be enforced in the same manner as a violation of the Code of Conduct. Repeat violators will be subject to being banned from the property and may be charged with tresspassing.